La Lyre d’Apollon is the first integral recording of the 1er Livre de Pieces de Violle – 1st Book of Suites for the Viol – composed by Jacques Morel (ca. 1690 – 1740) and first published in Paris in 1709. It consists of four Suites for viola da gamba and continuo – a minor, d minor, d major and g major, respectively – and a Chaconne en trio pour une Flûte Traversiere, une Viole et lá Basse Continuë!
Conditura Records (Lüneburg) releases this album in the end of this Month.
Sofia Diniz chooses the harpsichord – Fernando Miguel Jalôto – and theorbo – Josep Maria Martí Duran – for the instrumentation of the Basso Continuo.
In the chaconne you can also hear Peter Holtslag in the traverso.
Extensive information about the composer included in the booklet in German, English and French.
Cover image “Allegorie de la Poesie” Eustache le Sueur (1617 – 1655), private collection, courtesy of Sotheby’s
- New CD release – La Lyre d’Apollon
- Jacques Morel, First Book of Suites for Viol (Paris, 1709)
- La Lyre d‘Apollon is the first solo recording of the Portuguese violiste Sofia Diniz.
- Conditura Records – cec-music
- Sofia Diniz – viola da gamba
- Josep Maria Martí Duran – theorbo
- Fernando Miguel Jalôto – harpsichord
- Peter Holtslag – flute (chaconne en trio)
- With the support of the portuguese classic radio Antena 2 [Interview from 01:15:30]
- disco excepcional revista musical Scherzo June 2019